Friday 11 March 2016

Face chart EDITORIAL


My inspiration for this shoot was obviously from the word 'Rebel'. I chose to focus on the point of homosexuals being seen as a difference in society, therefore looking at gay pride. I interpreted the word 'rebel' as showing how in history homosexuals have been seen as being people who go against the 'norms' of society, therefore considered as rebels.

I wanted to keep the face very simple and natural this is why i didn't include any colour. I wanted the face to look just like a regular person. The white represents how effectively we can be seen as a 'blank canvas' and however we paint ourselves creates our personality, appearance, lifestyle, personal preferences..etc. It's all our own choice and we have the ability to change and adapt that. Partly relating that to homosexuals who feel like sometimes they can't be the person they want to be because it's not the 'norm of society' or people around them don't agree with the idea. I wanted the hand to be the colours that represent gay pride to show that i was focusing on this topic. Within my poses of my final images i am getting my model to pull faces as if she is fed up and angry at how society portrays homosexuality sometimes and how they try and silence homosexuals and cover them up.

For the hair i put it in a high,sleek bun so that it could represent both men and women. I also used a white supra colour in the hair using an eyebrow brush, just on the hairline to carry on the effect from the perimeters of the face.

Products used:

Kryolan foundation palette
Elf foundation palette
Illamasqua setting powder
Mac 'give me sun' bronzer
Anastasia contour kit
White supra colour & Illamasqua white skin base 01
Miss sporty mascara
(HANDS) Aqua colours

Tools used:
Real techniques sponge
Eyebrow brush for supra in the hair
Zoeva buffer brush (foundation)
Zoeva luxe highlighter brush (bronzer)
Kryolan stipple brush

No comments:

Post a Comment