Wednesday 10 February 2016

Moodboard #1


As mentioned in my previous post about 'my word' you can see the links through my mood board that i have made with:
- Rebel groups
- Tribes (Nukak)
- Gay pride

Rebel groups:
The pictures shown in my mood board representing rebel groups show the headscarves that i said i really liked the idea of. I think they would frame the face really well when shooting my editorial look. I like the use of bright colours in headscarves.
Another link is also linking the rebel groups to the Nukak tribe, a certain rebel group took away all medicine supplies from the Nukak tribe and it caused a lot of trouble.

Nukak tribe:
I really love the geometric lines that the nukak tribe wear in red on their face. I took inspiration from this and decided that i wanted to include geometric lines in my editorial shoot. I want the lines to be structured so they represent the straight lines the nukak tribe use. However i want to take inspiration from gay pride and instead of having all the lines in red or one colour i want the look to be vibrant and bright, representing gay pride and the colours they use throughout the festival.

Gay pride:
Obviously homosexuals have not always been accepted in society. i wanted to take the fact that some time ago they were seen as 'rebels' in society and it was not right to be gay. I wanted to take the colours that they used being really bright and bold colours and incorporate that into the geometric lines that represent the nukak tribe.

Another aspect i wanted to bring into the look was textures within the make up. This represents the mess that rebel groups and protesters against homosexuality have caused in the world. Not every thing goes smoothly and not everyone under stands that it's widely accepted now to be homosexual.

No comments:

Post a Comment