Tuesday 12 April 2016

Evaluation

As a unit overall, i have enjoyed this the most for this semester. I have really enjoyed looking at editorial images and looking at different designers and brands to create advertisements. I didn't think i would enjoy photography when i came to uni, however i love creating moodboards/storyboards and thinking of ideas make up wise and how i am going to set up and shoot a look. I think this is because with this unit although you were given a word and a brand that you had to focus on for each of the images, you were able to be creative within yourself and really think differently about the word and create a look and then shoot that idea. Researching into the word and finding different pathways that i could look into relating to the word was really interesting. I was very interested in looking into gay pride as a theme which i linked with my word. Having family that are homosexual, it made me want to research into it more and create something that i thought was great for my final image. The brand image was so fun to shoot, i was glad i got YSL as my fashion sense is very similar in the way that it is very androgynous like Saint Laurent so that made it more enjoyable to create ideas for my shoot. Researching for both topics (Editorial and Brand) was so interesting and i enjoyed it which made it much easier thinking of ideas for make up and set ups for the final shoots.

I feel like i have grown i confidence from the last semester where we were learning the basics. I was a lot more eager to try different set ups and use different pieces of equipment when it comes to lighting etc. I had a few issues but i guess that's inevitable to happen. The issues that i had mostly were to do with make up and hair, for example, stray hairs in the pictures that i had to edit out and i wanted some of the make up to be more pigmented. When it came to the photography side of things though i felt as if i had practiced so much and made sure i got everything right that when it came to shooting the images every thing went as smoothly as it could have (to an extent).

I have learnt a lot more again this semester about post production and how to fix problems with your image. I had stray hairs that i didn't hair spray down properly before shooting the picture that i needed to edit out in photoshop. Peter showed us how to do this, so i felt confident trying it. I also got a youtube tutorial up on how to do it to follow along step by step. I found this helped a lot when i was stuck with how to use photoshop. I am a lot more confident with post production now and using Adobe software.

No comments:

Post a Comment