Monday 11 April 2016

What i changed in post production (EDITORIAL)





For Leah's images i used just photoshop to edit them. I edited the first image how i wanted it to be and then made sure i made note of what i changed and what tools i used so that i could do exactly the same to the other 3 images. I wanted to enhance the colours and make the background darker so that she stood out a lot more.

Tools i used:
- Brightness: -5
- Contrast: +22
- Clone tool: I used the clone tool to get rid of stray hairs that i wasn't able to hairspray down. This was easier than i thought it was going to be. I followed a tutorial on youtube to help me understand how to use the tool.
- Curves tool: I used this tool again to make the background darker and the model to stand out more. I used the dropper on the darkest area that was on the background.
- Sharpen: I used this to make the colours and eyes stand out more.

I was worried that i wasn't going to be able to get rid of the stray hairs around her hair, and i was very annoyed at myself for not noticing it whilst shooting as this would have saved me a lot of time in post production. Next time i will make sure that i take even more attention to detail during the shoot to save time in post production.

No comments:

Post a Comment